How interested are you in creative and media and performing arts?

Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Cloud Busting

I helped out front of house on one of the performances of Cloud Busting meeting and greeting people at the door and directing them to the drama studio.  I enjoyed being there as I couldn’t be in the show myself although i wanted to be as I had a pantomime running through all of December and couldn’t miss any more days of school.
I also went to got see the play and was quite surprised.  I really enjoyed it and it wasn’t at all what I expected.  I enjoyed seeing my fellow diploma teammates in the production and think they all did a really good job in their roles and sustained their characters really well throughout the play. 
I learnt that bullies are more complex people than they appear to be, this play really highlighted that.  I think this is important as bully’s stereotype people, but people also stereotype them and that might make them feel oppressed.
It has made me think a bit more about the people around school and the people I know that are like Sam (oppressor) and Davy (oppressed), and that I should think a bit more about what they might be thinking about in that moment of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment