How interested are you in creative and media and performing arts?

Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

June 7th: Music

On June 7th, Olly came into the music lesson with a complete backing track of our song.  I think it sounds great!
He had edited and added extra parts to it and overlaid another version of the song using the features on Garage Band on his iPad.
We then just had to record the vocals over the top of it.  Olly suggested doing it individually, using the headphones so the iPad didn’t pick up the music it was playing out loud and make the song sound distorted. 
I went first.
I had sung in front of my teammates before but this time, they couldn’t hear the music I was singing to so there was nowhere to hide!  Once I’d recorded, Jack then went however; it got interrupted as someone came into the practice room we were working in.  Whilst Jack rerecorded (fortunately, Olly was able to take the version with the noise on, off of the track), I made a sign for the door saying ‘SHHHH!!  RECORDING!!’, so another disturbance wouldn’t be made.
We then just made final touches, adding ‘ooh’’s and ‘ahh’s’ to it.
I am pleased with the final result, although I am a little conscious of my singing, I think the final result was very good and something to be proud of.  Here is the complete song.
Gender Equality Song by leea03

No comments:

Post a Comment