How interested are you in creative and media and performing arts?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Year 7's Feedback


These are extracts from the answers we received from the questionnaires we gave out.

·       The wolf was funny
·       The story teller had a clear voice, good facial expressions and tone of voice
·       Good set
·       Well organised
·       The wolf was funny
·       Red riding hood was very good, had good hand gestures and was against sexist people
·       Red didn’t let the sexist comments go and she fought for what she thought was right
·       I thought the set could have been a bit better
·       Frankie was good at doing any on the spot thinking when on the block.  Frankie played it confidently, had great expressions and projected her voice
·       When red and the wolf were on the stairs, she should tilt to the left so they could see both facial expressions and you shouldn’t talk when the scene is changing
·       Frankie’s voice was confident
·       The male narrator could have made more eye contact but all characters especially Frankie were very confident
·       Red wasn’t afraid of showing how she felt, she wanted to show what she could do
·       Could have been quieter at moving props
·       The wolf was funny and had a loud voice
·       I now think that girls can do a man’s job
·       I think overall there was nothing bad about it, it was great
·       The wolf was funny
·       Red’s character was very clear about sexism
·       I’ve never thought about it but now it’s made me think about gender equality
·       The performance was good
·       Abi had a loud clear voice and told the story very well
·       I’ve never thought about gender equality but now it’s made me think
·       The set was shiny and well made
·       The male narrator was very funny and spoke clearly
·       I already know about gender equality
·       The stage was nice and shiny and the play was creative
·       Red riding hood was confident and used gestures
·       I will think about what I say to people because it could upset them
·       The costumes helped show what characters they were
·       Red riding hood was confident but Abi did have a really good audience awareness
·       I will think about what I say
·       They had great costumes
·       Shown more about the girl and boy being sexist
·       I think it was good and I heard a lot of information
·       I thought it take them forever to make because it was so good
·       I thought it was really good and can make people think about what they say.  Try not to get your words mixed up and make sure you put the right cure cards up
·       Yes I think you need to treat women the same as men
·       I thought the show was very good and easy to learn something of

I thought some of their comments were very mature considering their age.  This suggests that I perhaps underestimated our target audience and should have expected more from them.  This would have affected our piece had we known the extent of their understanding previously as we could have used more sophisticated language and more mature storylines to explore and harder questions to think about.  If we were to explore gender equality again as a piece of TiE, I think it would be interesting to try an older target audience as it would be more challenging for us to gather all the research.  We found that our audience, although they knew basic manners and a couple of them had a basic understanding about equality and sexism, they hadn’t been introduced to this topic either in school or at home and I think that influenced our work and made us underestimate them even more than just the age of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment