How interested are you in creative and media and performing arts?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3rd: Music

On May 3rd, in music, we worked on our song and finally finished it!! 
We videoed the final performance and I will get it up as soon as possible.  We played around with different strumming patterns on the guitar and different rhythms on the drums and finally came up with a good balance.  In comparison, the first draft of the song was boring compared to the final version as the drums didn’t differ at all.  Now though, I think we have a good performance.  All we need to do now is rehearse and get it even tighter.

I am a little disappointed that sometimes Olly can get distracted which stops us from practicing as everyone has an important role in the song.  We have decided not to change instruments and stick with the original arrangements as Olly on the guitar, Frankie on keyboard/piano, Jack doing the rap and me on vocals and drums. 
I am a little nervous while performing as I have never played drums before and learnt especially for this project and the drums are a very important part of a song as they carry the beat and lead the other instruments so there is pressure there.  I am also nervous and self-conscious of my singing as it is something I’m not very confident with it.  I just need to work on my confidence there.

No comments:

Post a Comment