How interested are you in creative and media and performing arts?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feb 28th: Music

On February 28th, we talked about how to write a song.  Mr Truscott said that if you write the lyrics, then the chord pattern, and then create a tune over the top, it makes it easier, in his opinion to bring together a song.  I was with Olly and we were given a sheet of sugar paper to write down words about our topic (gender equality) and sentences we could use as lyrics.
We wrote the words:
v Chances
v Boys
v Girls
v Stereotype/typical
v Equal
v Acceptance
v Sex/Gender
v Abuse
v Male
v Female
v Bullied
v Same
v Verbal
For the lyrics side of the sheet, I recalled a quote Miss Woffinden said.  I then looked in my notebook and found that she’d said, “Treating people equally is not treating them the same.  It’s treating them so they have the same chances.”  I thought this would make a good chorus or opening line as I think it’s quite a powerful statement and makes you think about equality in a different way.
Olly also contributed “The men need to treat the women the same and the women need to treat the men the same.” 
While Olly worked out some chords, I worked on some lyrics.  I came up with, “Girls can do football and guys can dance, if they’re both give an equal chance”.  I came up with this from thinking about Miss Woffinden’s statement.  Olly came up with a chord pattern of
G   C   D

No comments:

Post a Comment