How interested are you in creative and media and performing arts?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Miss Woffinden's Work: Review

On March 1st, Miss Woffinden gave us all some handouts of extracts
from her coursework when she studied T.I.E at University.  I picked out the first section straight away...






I found that I needed to find out the origins of T.I.E as i found out it “emerged in the 1960’s” by the Belgrade Theatre Company and it was formed by a director named Tony Richardson and a teacher named Gordeon Vallins.
Our group also needs to review its “educational aims” and how to “engage the audience”.
“Workshops are as important as the performance”.  I picked this out as I am very interested in the workshop part and I am really going to press this point in my group.
There was a great quote in from Ken Robinson’s, The Arts in Schools (1989) that Miss Woffinden picked out.





Miss Woffinden also mentioned “Pit Prop Theatre” which is another T.I.E company I was not aware of and will have to look into deeper.
I also picked up on the fact she set herself tasks to do for the following week.  This is something some members of our team could do with paying more attention to.
When Miss was talking about rehearsals, she mentioned improvising.  She said “I found this method of working more productive”.  I will suggest this to my group as when I received their feedback from when we devised our hotseating, they all seemed confident and enjoyed improvising.
This is Miss Woffinden’s spider diagram of her ideas for her workshop.















I circled the title of the next page.  “SHARING RESEARCH”.  This is something the boys in our group really need to work on as Frankie and I seem to be doing most of the work at the moment.  I saw the quote “the use of empathy which is used to assist the pupils in learning” as I am going to challenge this assumption.  Our play is going to be different and use humour to educate as this is something I personally am interested in and thinking about using different strategies to assist learning as empathy is not the only one.
As I mentioned before, I am very interested in the role of the joker so took great interest in this spider diagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment