How interested are you in creative and media and performing arts?

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Writing a Song

Over the last 3 months, we have been working towards writing a song within our music lessons.  We started off just improvising at the keyboard using just the pentatonic scale.  All these sessions can be found on my blog (I will post links at the end).  Once we had sorted out the chord pattern and an outline of some lyrics, we started practicing on different instruments.  Olly is playing the guitar throughout and Frankie is tackling the piano.  Jack has no instrument at he moment and we are currently still deliberating as to whether he will play one as he raps a section of the song in the middle.  Olly and Mr Truscott taught me a basic rhythm on the drums which I have mastered and will be playing in the song. 
This process has been very gradual as we didn’t really know we were developing the skills we needed to carry out this process at first.  We also watched a video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I )
This shows just what you can do with only four chords!!
Here are the links to the blog entries in order...


Also here are the links to our song and to my research about existing songs on gender equality...



The only reason I posted the links is because I have tracked my progress throughout this process and I think some quality would be lost (due to forgetting certain things that happened) and also, if it’s already been done, then it’s a bit pointless doing it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment